- This is an emergency.
- Contact your veterinarian or after-hours emergency care facility
- Amount of blood lost is the main concern.
- If there is a lot of blood, your cat should be seen by your veterinarian as soon as possible.
- Take a sample of vomit with you if you can.
- Some questions to prepare for:
- When did this start?
- How much blood is there?
- Your veterinarian may:
- Examine your cat, including the abdomen and the lungs
- Run blood work to check red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets
- Check a stool sample for parasites
- Your cat may require:
- Sedation for the procedure
- Chest x-rays
- Oral medications you will administer at home (pain relievers, antibiotics)