- This is an emergency.
- Contact your veterinarian or after-hours emergency care facility
- Ear problems are common.
- Diagnostic testing, such as an ear swab, may be needed.
- Ear swap would need a microscope (cytology) exam.
- Some questions to prepare for:
- Has this happened before?
- Do you have other cats with similar symptoms?
- Is your cat itchy anywhere?
- Do you clean your cat’s ears? What with?
- Your cat may require:
- Sedation for the procedure
- Deep ear canal flushing
- Oral or topical medications you will administer at home (anti-inflammatories, antibiotics, antifungals, ear cleaners)