- This is an emergency.
- Contact your veterinarian or after-hours emergency care facility
- Eye problems are common.
- Diagnostic testing to look for scratches or changes in pressure may be needed.
- Try to prevent your cat from rubbing at it.
- Some questions to prepare for:
- Has your cat had eye issues before?
- Does your cat spend a lot of time outdoors and off leash?
- Has your cat been around another cat with an eye infection?
- Your cat may require:
- Numbing the eye for the procedure
- Oral or topical medications you will administer at home (pain relievers, antibiotics)