- This is an emergency.
- Contact your veterinarian or after-hours emergency care facility
- Lameness/limping can be caused by different things.
- Some questions to prepare for:
- How old is your cat?
- Has this happened before?
- Is your cat currently on any medications or supplements?
- Does the lameness/limping improve after your cat starts moving?
- Does your cat have difficulty rising after resting?
- Your cat may need:
- A musculoskeletal exam
- Sedation for deep palpation to feel the joints
- Diagnostic testing, such as x-rays
- Blood testing for diseases such as Lyme disease