- This is an emergency.
- Contact your veterinarian or after-hours emergency care facility
- Blood loss and infection are the main concerns.
- All burns should be assessed by your veterinarian as soon as possible.
- Some questions to prepare for:
- When did the burn occur?
- How did the burn occur?
- Have you treated your cat at home?
- Have you given your cat any medication?
- Depending on the severity, your cat may require:
- Treatment for the burn
- Oral medications (pain relievers, antibiotics)