- This is an emergency.
- Contact your veterinarian or after-hours emergency care facility
- Ear problems are common.
- Diagnostic testing, such as an ear swab, may be needed.
- Ear swab would need a microscope (cytology) exam.
- Some questions to prepare for:
- Does your dog swim?
- Has your dog been wet or bathed recently?
- Has your dog had previous issues?
- Is your dog itchy anywhere else?
- Your dog may require:
- Sedation for the procedure
- Deep ear canal flushing
- Oral or topical medications you will administer at home (anti-inflammatories, antibiotics, antifungals, ear cleaners)