- This is an emergency.
- Contact your veterinarian or after-hours emergency care facility
- If you think your dog has eaten anything toxic, contact your veterinarian immediately.
- Bring the packaging, or any other material that may help determine the toxin and amount ingested.
- Common poisons:
- Chocolate, raisins, grapes, onions
- Sugar-free gum
- Certain plants
- Prescription and over the counter medications, multivitamins
- Pesticides, rat poison, or rodents that have been poisoned
- Your veterinarian may need to induce vomiting.
- Some questions to prepare for:
- When did your dog consume the toxin?
- Do you know how much was ingested?
- Does your dog have any symptoms?
- Have you tried any therapy at home (including any medications)?
- Your dog may need: